At Gentle Dentistry Sparta, we make sure that each of our dental crowns is crafted precisely and accurately to fit each patient’s unique oral structure. Dr. Zelia Cannon only uses the highest quality of materials to make them, and designs them herself to ensure that they look and feel completely natural. So, whether a patient is looking to replace their outdated metal restoration or has a damaged tooth that needs to be protected from harmful oral bacteria, they can count on our experienced dental technician and team to design and make a crown that is best fitted for them.
Metal-Free Dental Crowns – Sparta, NJ
Exquisitely Crafted Restorations That are Made to Last
Why Choose Gentle Dentistry Sparta For Metal-Free Dental Crowns?
- High-Quality Dental Materials That Last Longer
- Experienced Dental Lab Technician
- Completely Customized Dental Crowns
What are Metal-Free Dental Crowns?
Dr. Cannon uses dental porcelain to craft her crowns, because this material is able to mimic the natural properties of enamel, such as reflecting light. The restoration itself is a tooth-shaped cap that is fitted to restore the size, shape, and strength of damaged or severely misshapen teeth. This gifts the patient with a restored bite and better oral health, allowing their natural smile to remain for the rest of their lifetime with the proper care. Each crown is permanently cemented over their natural damaged tooth that has been prepared.
Potential Needs for a Dental Crown
Dental crowns are versatile restorations that can help patients by:
- Protecting weak teeth from further harm.
- Restoring a severely worn-down or broken tooth in Sparta.
- Covering a tooth with a large filling to supply it with added support.
- Holding a dental bridge in place.
- Covering misshapen and discolored teeth.
- Replacing missing teeth with a dental implant.
The Procedure of Getting a Dental Crown
The process of getting metal-free crowns in Sparta usually takes place over two visits with Dr. Cannon. First, she’ll examine the health of your teeth and gums and help you determine what restorative choice would best fit your lifestyle and needs. She’ll do this by taking several images of your tooth to see if it suffers from extensive decay or infection, that may indicate the need for a root canal or other treatment. Once the underlying oral health problem has been addressed and treated, Dr. Cannon will prepare your tooth to receive the crown. For this, it will need to be reshaped so the crown can securely be cemented over the top of it without feeling bulky or as though it’s protruding from your mouth.
After preparing your tooth, she’ll take impressions of it to model the structure of your customized crown from. Once the restoration has been made, we will contact you to schedule your second visit. After removing the temporary crown, she’ll double-check the color and shape of the permanent crown. If it meets her quality check, she’ll administer a local anesthetic to numb the tooth and cement it in place.
Benefits of Customized Metal-Free Crowns
Metal crowns have been a staple of the dental world for ages, and can be made from a variety of different materials. The problem is, they’re not a good solution for everybody and they’re immediately recognizable when someone smiles or laughs. The most obvious benefit of metal-free crowns that are crafted from dental porcelain is that they’re virtually unnoticeable and don’t draw attention to damaged teeth. They also offer other benefits, such as:
- Strength and Long Lifespan: With good oral hygiene, metal-free dental crowns typically last between seven and 15 years.
- Safer Solution: Metal doesn’t naturally exist in our mouth for a reason. Some people have sensitivities to this material, resulting in flu-like symptoms, allergic reactions, or gums that turn green due to the presence of nickel. Dental porcelain is safe and gentle on oral tissues and won’t impact your health.
- They Don’t Interfere With MRIs: Metal fillings and crowns may respond if you need an MRI, unlike metal-free restorations.
These are just a few of the benefits of metal-free crowns, but there are many more. If you have an outdated restoration or a damaged tooth, be sure to visit Gentle Dentistry Sparta to get your customized crown. Dr. Cannon uses the best materials and techniques to ensure that your restoration has the chance to last a lifetime with the proper care.