Are you missing teeth in Sparta? You could likely benefit from getting a high-quality dental bridge from Gentle Dentistry Sparta. Dr. Zelia Cannon crafts customized restorations from the highest quality of material to make sure that they remain strong, durable, and functional for years to come. Whether you have one missing tooth or multiple, having gaps in your smile can impact your day-to-day life by making it difficult to speak and eat properly. To learn how our friendly dental team can restore your smile with a natural-looking bridge, contact our office today to schedule a consultation!
Dental Bridges– Sparta, NJ
The Natural-Looking Solution to Missing Teeth
Why Choose Gentle Dentistry Sparta For Dental Bridges?
- Experienced Restorative Dentist
- High-Quality Artificial Teeth
- Convenient Appointment Times Available
What is a Dental Bridge?
Dental bridges literally “bridge” gaps in an arch of teeth to make your smile whole again. A bridge consists of one or more artificial teeth placed between two dental crowns that are attached to your existing teeth to secure the restoration in place. These fixed bridges can look completely natural and last for over a decade with the proper maintenance.
For patients who are looking for a more advanced and modern tooth replacement option, Dr. Cannon also offers implant-retained bridges that are anchored to two titanium posts that are integrated with your jawbone. This way, you won’t have to alter your existing healthy teeth in order to support a traditional fixed bridge. Depending on your unique situation, we’ll let you know which restorative treatments can offer you the most benefits.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
Replacing missing teeth with a dental bridge in Sparta can improve your overall quality of life and offer you a variety of unique advantages. Some of these benefits include:
- Cannon crafts her bridges from high-quality dental porcelain, which allow them to mimic the natural properties of enamel, such as reflecting light. That way, your replacement teeth will seamlessly blend in with the rest of your smile.
- With the proper maintenance, a traditional fixed bridge can last for up to 15 years. Plus, they’re easy to care for!
- Replacing the gap in your smile with a dental bridge will make sure that your existing teeth don’t gradually begin to drift out of place to fill the area.
- Bridges are sturdy and strong restorations, allowing you to enjoy your favorite foods without having to worry about not being able to properly chew them.
The Dental Bridge Procedure
When you get a fixed bridge from Dr. Cannon, it typically takes place over the course of two or more appointments. That way, we can ensure that it fits perfectly and comfortably. Here are the main steps of the procedure:
- Preparing your natural teeth on either side of the gap in your mouth to anchor the bridge.
- Making impressions of your teeth and the space in your mouth to send to a dental laboratory that will custom-craft your bridge.
- Placing a temporary bridge to protect your prepared teeth while your permanent restoration is being made.
- Securing your permanent bridge in place after making sure that it fits comfortably and properly.
After your procedure, we’ll equip you with basic maintenance instructions to follow to make sure that your restoration stays healthy and looking great. If you have any additional questions, don’t hesitate to contact our office for more information!